My gracious neighbor gave us some freshly picked blueberries and we’ve been eating them in a couple different ways, like these delicious blueberry muffins! These were so easy to make! I got this recipe from Inspired Taste and will definitely be added to my recipe box. Try it you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for muffin tops
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup neutral flavored oil; canola, vegetable or grape seed are great
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk; dairy and non-dairy both work
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries;see note below about frozen berries (about 1 cup)
- Heat oven to 400º F.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add vegetable oil to a measuring jug that holds at least 1 cup. Add the egg then fill the jug to the 1-cup line with milk (this should be 1/3 to a 1/2 cup of milk). Add vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with flour and sugar then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick ). Add blueberries and use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
Place in the oven for about 20 minutes.
They were so good and easy to make!