I haven’t written my resolutions or goals for 2015 on my blog, because I’m more introspective about them this year. I want to make changes that are a lifestyle change and not just quick fixes. Well, today I know that one of those goals is to, “Control My Thoughts.” I woke up today and decided to go to church in the evening, but tuned in to Charles Stanley and his message on television was, “Taking Control of Your Thoughts.” Wow this was one of the best sermons I’ve ever heard and I immediately knew I had to share it with you and encourage you to listen.
Basically, he tells us how our thoughts are our control tower for our life. Our thoughts control our actions and who we eventually turn out to be. There are so many nuggets of wisdom in this sermon that I just need you to watch it!! But, here is just a glimpse of some of the notes that I took that were impactful to me:
- We sow a thought and reap an action
- We sow an action and reap a habit
- We sow a habit and reap a character
- We sow a character and reap a destiny
Don’t you just want to soak that in!!!
Then he said how unseen thoughts produce visible consequences in our life... BINGO! I know I can name a few consequences I’ve endured because of my thoughts!
I will leave you with these questions he asks us to ask ourselves, as if I need to entice you more to listen to this sermon!
- Where will my thoughts lead me?
- Will these thoughts get me to where I want to go?
- Will my thoughts tear me down or build me up?
- Can I share these thoughts?
- Are these thoughts scripturally acceptable
- Where did these thoughts originate?
- Do I feel guilty thinking these thoughts?
- Do these thoughts fit who I am as a believer in Christ?
Talk about being spiritually fed! Get nourished and listen to Taking Control of Your Thoughts, matter of fact listen to it a couple of times and send it to your friends!