Do you ever wonder if God hears you? Do you ever feel like you’re walking on a path alone? If you do you are not alone. This week, I’ve struggled. Struggled with life, with uncertainties, and difficulties. I’ve been feeling like the weight of the world is crushing me, like I just can’t do it all and I’m failing. I tried to distract myself with a number of to do’s and then I could no longer ignore what I had to do… I needed to surrender, to seek God and so I did. I cried, I read scripture and then I wrote a prayer. My prayer was of thanksgiving, but I also prayed for three specific things that have been heavy on my heart. I let it all out and made it clear that I felt alone and afraid. Afterward, I started working and have been in a kind of silent contemplative mood.
As the hours ticked past, each of my prayers were answered in different ways. I am in awe. I’ve had to get on my knees and thank God for reminding me that I am not alone on this path. Today, God whispered to me as only he does, “When you are broken and weak I will give you hope, I will sustain you, I will lift you up when you have fallen. Seek me and trust me with all your heart, because I am God.” This sweet flow of grace overwhelmed my heart and I needed to share it with you.
If you are facing a difficult season, please believe that God hears you. He has not turned a deaf ear. His power is so great, so awesome and it is always at work. When you are broken don’t try to put the pieces back together, give them to God and he will arrange them perfectly.God is with you in your darkest and brightest moments, he will carry you beyond the heights you can ever lift yourself. Seek him, be vulnerable, and allow him to work in your life. I was blown away today and reminded that He hears me, He loves me and He is Sovereign.
This photo of my daughter reminds me of our walk. We may be walking down our own path, but as we are walking we’re surrounded by God’s beautiful grace that keeps falling on us like the petals around her.
Don’t you love chores? NOT! There are those daily chores that are so mundane that they can easily give us a case of the grumps. I have found if I find gratitude in doing them I’m a bit more thankful doing the daily things. When you’re doing chores try saying little prayers of gratitude that relate to that chore. For example, as I was washing the dishes last night with every scrub I gave thanks. It went something like this:
- Scraping food off the plates- Thank you Lord for providing us with food for our bodies.
- Filling the sink with water- Lord, I am grateful for the clean water you provide us with not only to drink but to wash our dishes so that we can eat off of clean plates.
- Scrubbing the dishes-Thank you Father for giving me the strength and use of my hands to be able wash these dishes.
- Drying the dishes and putting them away- I am so blessed to have a warm home where I can put my belongings away.
- Cleaning off the dining room table- Lord, thank you for allowing my daughter and I to share another dinner together around the table. Thank you for the laughter and conversation, may we always stay this close.
If we try hard enough we can always find the gratitude and blessings in our day to day routines no matter how mundane they may. The mundane reminds us of how event the simple things are blessings!