The holidays are right around the corner and that means hitting the highway for many of us. If you’re travelling this holiday season there are a few things you may want to equip your car with to make travelling less stressful!
First Aid Kits
Isn’t it amazing how boo-boos can even happen in the car? A First Aid Kit is essential to pack away in your car. You can purchase a cheap or fairly cheap kit. You can get either of these kits at Target.
Clean it Up Items
Spills happen and you’ll be much happier if you have something to clean it up with! You can get any of these cheaply at the dollar store. Don’t forget these handy helpers:
- Paper Towels
- Disinfectant wipes
- Cleaning Spray
- 2 Garbage Bags
Keep Them From Killing Each Other Items!
Give the kids some ownership and have them pick out the items below, just give them a limit so you don’t have a car packed with toys!
- Favorite Books
- Audio Books ( I have bible stories on audio and Anya really enjoys them)
- Favorite Music CD
- Crayons, Colored Pencils, and Paper
- Portable DVD Player with Movies (each kid brings their favorite movie)
Keep Their Stomach From Grumbling!
- Bring a cooler with fruit (clementines are my favorite) and a couple of sandwiches and juice boxes. Put the fruit in snack bags the night before to keep it tidy
- Plenty of Water
- Granola bars, goldfish, crackers, and nuts make for great quick snacks
- A couple extra pillows
- A warm blanket
- You probably won’t need extra clothes if you’re packed to go away for a few days, but it may be good habit of keeping an extra set of clothes, pajamas, and toothbrushes in a small overnight bag in the car anyway!
- Make sure you have any road assistance cards kept conveniently in your glove compartment
- Spare tire
Road trips make great memories so don’t forget to schedule enough time to just enjoy the ride! Stop along the way in little towns that you’ve always wanted to visit, take pictures, act sill and have fun! Happy Road Tripping!