Friday is here! If you’re in the DC metro area it’s a pretty soggy day, but that doesn’t mean you and the kids have to be stuck in the house all weekend. Check out some of these fun activities going on in the metro DC area some of which are free! Also, check out CertifiKID for some great discounts. I have faith the sun will peek out so I listed some outdoor activities as well as indoor fun!
- The Flower Mart at the National Cathedral– Friday 10-6 & Saturday 10-5. Check out the lovely flowers and for kids there is a carousel, puppet shows, games, rides, food and a used book tent. Admission is FREE, there are costs for some activities.
- Go to the Drive In! For 10 bucks a car you can watch Star Wars the Force Awakens at Union Market. Lot opens 6:00, Lot closes promptly at 7:50, Film begins 8:15 , Film ends at 10:30. Check the website at 1 pm for rain cancellation.
- Around the World Embassy Tour– On Saturday from 10-4 pm, immerse the kids in culture with over 40 embassies! This FREE event showcases art, music, traditional dress, and lots of good food from around world! Admission is free, but bring ID some embassies might conduct security checks.
- Go Explore a Castle! Saturday from 11-2 The Heurich House Museum will is FREE! Wander through the castle and complete complete a photo scavenger hunt to win prizes.Register here.
- African-American Children’s Book Fair– Saturday 10-4 pm at the Reginald F. Lewis Museum in Baltimore. This is the perfect rainy day activity. Enjoy author readings, illustration workshops, live performances, and art activities. It’s FREE, but register for the event here.
- $12 for KID Museum General Admission TWO-PACK – Bethesda- This is a great deal for the little ones from CertifiKID
- $10 for Port Discovery Children’s Museum Admission – Baltimore – This is another offer from CertifiKID
- Raptor Festival-If your kids are into birds, owls, hawks then go to the Meadowside Nature Center, Saturday from 12-4 pm for a fun and informative festival. It’s FREE!
- Literary Hill BookFest- FREE event Saturday 11-3 PM on Capitol Hill.
- Kid’s Theater Festival– This is cool! Watch plays performed and written by kids for FREE on Saturday, 11-2 PM at
Don’t let the rain stop you! Go out and make some memories and have a great weekend!