What’s the best thing about February 14th? Well for me I was admitted to the hospital that day to have my Valentine who was actually born on February 16th! But, the second best thing for me would be the chocolate! If you want to spread a little love around then try this Cheesecake Recipe that is super simple and super yummy! I originally got this recipe from How Jen Does It and I’ve been making it for all types of fun occasions! The original recipe is a Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake, which is delicious also, but you can make this easy version as well.
Recently, I brought it to a gathering with some parents from my daughter’s school and it was a hit. I cut the cheesecake in small pieces, added a few strawberries as a garnish on a pretty platter, tied it with some twine and added one of my handcrafted cards and it was the perfect gift to give to the hostess and her guests! Doesn’t it look yummy!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened*
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 Keebler® Ready Crust® Chocolate Pie Crust (I made my own pie crust with regular graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 squares (1 oz. each) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
Crush one package of Graham Crackers. If you extra chocolaty goodness use chocolate Graham Crackers which is also delicious. Once all the crackers are finely crushed add 6 tablespoons of melted butter and mix it well. Put the mixture in a pie dish (so much easier than a round pan) spread it around with you fingers, patting it down. Then place it in the fridge until it is firm.
1. In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk.
- Add egg, lemon juice and vanilla, mixing until just combined.
Slowly pour cheese mixture over crust. Bake at 350°F about 30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool for 1 hour on a cooling rack.
In small saucepan combine cream and chocolate. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts and mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Pour over cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.