Coparenting can be rough, here are 10 Tips on Coparenting that have worked for me. Also, included is a resource page. Hope you find it helpful!
There are a whole lot of you out there who want to get your digital files organized! I created a quick cheat sheet of 3 Simple Steps to Organizing Your Digital Files & suggestions for folders and subfolders. Hope this helps!
How I rate a book usually depends on what I’m looking for at that season in my life. “Overwhelmed, How to Quiet the Chaos and Restore Your Sanity,” by Kathi Lipp and Cheri Gregory was a God send for me and I devoured it in 2 days. Full disclosure I am an intern for Kathi Lipp, but that’s hardly the reason that I suggest you read this book. because, have such little time to read with 2 jobs, a kid, a dog, a blog and a household I relate to books that give practical tips that I can apply to real life and this book fits the bill.
As single moms if we aren’t careful, being overwhelmed can be a way of life, which isn’t healthy for us or our kids. Kathi and Cheri share their own real life experiences and will keep you turning the pages that are chockfull of practical tips on how to create a plan to allow space in your life and get rid of the insanity. I can’t wait to re-read my 2 favorite chapters, “Just Go with the Flow” vs Personalizing a Well-Defined Work Week and Day and “Just Wing It,” vs Cultivating Peace with a Plan. This is my book pick for the week and I promise you if you decide to read it you will not be disappointed, just get ready to be motivated to make some life changes!
Do you ever feel as though God hand picks something you specifically need to hear or read? That was my experience this week when I listened to these podcasts that absolutely were soul enriching! So, of course I had to share them with you sweetie pies! Grab a quiet corner and a cup of coffee and settle in with these 3 spiritually rich podcasts:
- Making a Lasting Impact:In Touch with Charles Stanley: This podcast particularly struck me today because I’ve been thinking about my impact on my daughter, my friends, my family, and even strangers. Is my light recognized? Do I flavor other’s lives when I’m around? I love how Charles Stanley discusses and explains and relates our life to the salt of the earth mentioned in the bible. It is truly a gem of a sermon.
- He Restores My Soul, Day 1: Revive Our Hearts with Damaris Carbaugh: I can barely wait until tomorrow for Day 2. Damaris talks about being sheep of God and how our we can worship with our lips, but our hearts are far from him. What a frank and honest testimony that hits you where it sticks, but in the best way.
- Parenting and Interruptions: Modern Homemakers with Donna Otto: This spoke straight to my momma’s heart. We all know how it is when you’re trying to get dinner on the table, send that last work email, and all you hear is, “mom, mom, mom!” Although we love our kids, the interruptions can make us want to pull out our hair! Donna talks about how we can take a different view of these interruptions and look at them as opportunities for divine intervention. This ladies, changed my attitude big time this week.
I hope these podcasts make as big of an impact on you as it did on me!
Are you a single parent in college? If you’re looking for some extra money to ease the burden of tuition, then you may want to apply for this Single Parent Scholarship sponsored by Custody X Change. The Custody X Change Giving Program awards three scholarships to single parents each year. I think this is a great opportunity and wanted to share it with you all! You can be awarded $500-$1000 to put towards your college education. How awesome is that? If you visit Custody X Change you can get all the details on deadlines, requirements and eligibility.
Basically, the eligibility requirements are you must:
- Have primary physical custody of one or more minor children
- Be enrolled full-time at an accredited college
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher or be a first year student
Then you just have to write a 400 to 500 word essay about, “How you will use your education to improve your family,” and submit your unofficial college transcript or admissions letter.
I hope if any of you are in college that you’ll take advantage of this cool opportunity! Please feel free to share this opportunity with friends as well!
Visit Terri Savelle Foy’s Website for Resources and Listen to Her Podcast!
Listen at Charles Stanley for today’s message.
Tomorrow is December 1st! Let’s celebrate the birth of Christ through the scriptures! Download this printable of 25 scriptures for each day leading up to Christmas and read them with your kids! Enjoy!
Looking for some scriptures on praise and thanksgiving?
Download and Print my new resource, “Give Thanks.”