It’s been a long time! I’m so sorry! Life has been so busy. New job, kid’s stuff, house stuff, life stuff…oy! This past weekend I had the privilege to host a Girls Workshop at our Ladies’ Inspirational Day! What a whirlwind and rollercoaster of emotion! But God’s grace is sufficient! The whole day was a blessing!
Well, except when I had a mini breakdown because I started having that stinking about how I wasn’t prepared, and how could I encourage young girls when I’m a hot mess right now! But, thanks to my sweet sisters who God just poured his grace through to shower on me with their love, I was blessed and was able to give the message God had placed on my heart! Even messes our blessings, sometimes our biggest blessings because we see God’s hand at work!
I wanted to share the study guide I gave the girls, “Do Your Choices Produce a Harvest or a Famine?” with you all! I’m thinking about turning into a Bible Study or a more developed e-book. I would love to hear your thoughts!
Hope you are having a great start to the week! This past Sunday I was invited to present an abbreviated version of my Workshop, “Break the Chains of Stinking Thinking.” I wanted to share the study guide I created to go along with the workshop with you! If you’re interested in learning more about my workshops please visit https://www.cherewilliams.com/workshops!
I have stepped outside my comfort zone and am teaching Sunday School! I have the pleasure of teaching the sweetest 4th and 5th graders. Can I tell you how much I love this age! I was completely nervous, but I am surprisingly loving this new endeavor! I told the kids I have three goals for this class.
- Learn about God
- Take what they learn and apply to their life outside of the church
- Have fun!
I’ve been praying about how I can teach these kids to start on their own independent faith walk. One of those ways is through journaling, so I bought each of them a journal, which I am so excited to hand out tomorrow. I also want to teach them how to dive deeply into the scriptures through what I call sticky words. These are those keywords in each verse that if we examine closer brings us deeper into the word of God and its meaning. I wanted to share a couple of PDFs that I’m giving the kids tomorrow. Feel free to share them with your kiddos!
Just a favor, please keep me in prayer as I try to step into this new role of Sunday school teacher!
I am amazed that Thanksgiving is in just a couple of weeks! Gratefulness and gratitude are obviously highlighted during this time of year, but we know that it’s something we should think about every day. I’ve compiled some scriptures that mention thankfulness and gratitude that you can share with your children leading up to Thanksgiving. Hope you enjoy and find gratitude at every moment!
I’m standing in for a bible study class tomorrow that is on the Book of Psalms. Awhile, back I was studying Psalms and it was amazing to me how much of God’s character and heart was revealed to me and who the Lord is to me personally. This is just some of the characteristics that stood out to me. Psalms is a reminder that when we seek God he reveals exactly who he is to us.
How I rate a book usually depends on what I’m looking for at that season in my life. “Overwhelmed, How to Quiet the Chaos and Restore Your Sanity,” by Kathi Lipp and Cheri Gregory was a God send for me and I devoured it in 2 days. Full disclosure I am an intern for Kathi Lipp, but that’s hardly the reason that I suggest you read this book. because, have such little time to read with 2 jobs, a kid, a dog, a blog and a household I relate to books that give practical tips that I can apply to real life and this book fits the bill.
As single moms if we aren’t careful, being overwhelmed can be a way of life, which isn’t healthy for us or our kids. Kathi and Cheri share their own real life experiences and will keep you turning the pages that are chockfull of practical tips on how to create a plan to allow space in your life and get rid of the insanity. I can’t wait to re-read my 2 favorite chapters, “Just Go with the Flow” vs Personalizing a Well-Defined Work Week and Day and “Just Wing It,” vs Cultivating Peace with a Plan. This is my book pick for the week and I promise you if you decide to read it you will not be disappointed, just get ready to be motivated to make some life changes!
Do you ever feel as though God hand picks something you specifically need to hear or read? That was my experience this week when I listened to these podcasts that absolutely were soul enriching! So, of course I had to share them with you sweetie pies! Grab a quiet corner and a cup of coffee and settle in with these 3 spiritually rich podcasts:
- Making a Lasting Impact:In Touch with Charles Stanley: This podcast particularly struck me today because I’ve been thinking about my impact on my daughter, my friends, my family, and even strangers. Is my light recognized? Do I flavor other’s lives when I’m around? I love how Charles Stanley discusses and explains and relates our life to the salt of the earth mentioned in the bible. It is truly a gem of a sermon.
- He Restores My Soul, Day 1: Revive Our Hearts with Damaris Carbaugh: I can barely wait until tomorrow for Day 2. Damaris talks about being sheep of God and how our we can worship with our lips, but our hearts are far from him. What a frank and honest testimony that hits you where it sticks, but in the best way.
- Parenting and Interruptions: Modern Homemakers with Donna Otto: This spoke straight to my momma’s heart. We all know how it is when you’re trying to get dinner on the table, send that last work email, and all you hear is, “mom, mom, mom!” Although we love our kids, the interruptions can make us want to pull out our hair! Donna talks about how we can take a different view of these interruptions and look at them as opportunities for divine intervention. This ladies, changed my attitude big time this week.
I hope these podcasts make as big of an impact on you as it did on me!
Are you a single parent in college? If you’re looking for some extra money to ease the burden of tuition, then you may want to apply for this Single Parent Scholarship sponsored by Custody X Change. The Custody X Change Giving Program awards three scholarships to single parents each year. I think this is a great opportunity and wanted to share it with you all! You can be awarded $500-$1000 to put towards your college education. How awesome is that? If you visit Custody X Change you can get all the details on deadlines, requirements and eligibility.
Basically, the eligibility requirements are you must:
- Have primary physical custody of one or more minor children
- Be enrolled full-time at an accredited college
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher or be a first year student
Then you just have to write a 400 to 500 word essay about, “How you will use your education to improve your family,” and submit your unofficial college transcript or admissions letter.
I hope if any of you are in college that you’ll take advantage of this cool opportunity! Please feel free to share this opportunity with friends as well!