Another weekend is ending which means Monday is less than 24 hours away. Sigh… It goes so quickly doesn’t it? I don’t know about you, but I can look forward to the week if I am more prepared for it, if not well it doesn’t start out so great. So here are a few things I do to make my week run smoother:
1. Clothes- Since Anya wears a uniform, clothes aren’t too big of a deal. But, one of the things I do that helps during the week is to have Anya’s uniforms washed, ironed and laid out for the week. If you are able to have the clothes laid out for the week then mornings won’t be so hectic.
2. Lunches-Preparing lunch the night before will save you at least 10 minutes in the morning. If you are packing fruit such as grapes, strawberries, etc. just put them in 5 separate baggies, so you can just grab them each day and put them in their lunchbox, try this with as many foods as you can.
3. Gas- Fill up your gas tank before the week begins so you have enough to do all the errands throughout the week.
4. Create a Meal Menu and Create a Grocery List- Set aside some time during the weekend to think about the meals you want to prepare during the week. At least roughly get an idea of what meals you plan on cooking and do a quick inventory of the ingredients you have and what you need to purchase at the grocery store. Write your list while creating your meal menu so it is fresh in your mind and you don’t forget anything. Meal planning leaves you with one less thing you have to think about.
5. Prepare a Couple of Meals in Advance– If you can prepare a couple easy meals in advance I say go for it! Soup is one of those meals that you can make in advance and is especially yummy during this time of year. Check out this chicken noodle soup I made that was super easy and tasty!
6. To Do List- On Sunday, review your calendar, check for any Dr. appointments, meetings, volunteer obligations, etc. that you need to make note of and create a To Do List. Get an overview of what your schedule looks like and how you need to space your time out.
7. Get In Some You Time– Before the week begins, do something you enjoy! Maybe that is curling up on the couch with a book, talking a walk, praying, grabbing a coffee and movie, or simply napping! Whatever it is make sure you get in some you time before the week begins so that you are refreshed.
|One way I prepare is to pick out bible verses for the week for Anya’s lunchbox.|
So I accomplished all of my goals last week except 4 not so bad! This week Anya will be with her dad for summer vacation, this is new for me I’ve never ever been without Anya for a week! But, as of today I’m peaceful about it, I miss her dearly, but I know she will have fun and it gives me an opportunity to do whatever!
Call realtor about a house
Visit Humane Society (I may be looking for a new addition to the family!)
3. Workout 4x this week
Blog 3x this week
Catch a new flick
7. Make a dessert or dinner for a friend
Go to bible study
Send my brother a birthday card
10. Get to sleep earlier
11. Buy a new pair of sandals
12. Take some time to pray for a few friends
Call a good friend in Seattle
Sign up for vacation bible study
15. Visit a museum in the evening
16. Go hear jazz on Friday at the Gallery downtown DC
17. Read more!
18. Start a new article to send for publication
Now that life is not so crazy, I hope to be more intentional about my goals. So, I am going to try every week to list my goals and accomplish them! So if I can get the following done this week I’ll be a happy camper:
Workout at least 4x this week. (I had a great workout today and am reminded of how essential it is to my body and mind!) 2. Go Grocery shopping
. Cook at home 4. Send evite for Anya’s campout next Saturday in our yard
Write 3 blogs (hoping for more
Go to bible study
8. Read Romans and write in my prayer journal
Clean up (clean bathroom, bedroom, and clean my junk drawer in the kitchen)
Help Anya set her goals for the week
Do two helpful things for others
14. Send a hello card to my Aunt Mitzi with some picture of Anya
15. Put Anya’s Kindergarden pic/certificate in frame
Create a spiritual mission statement with Anya for our family
17. Begin writing a new article to submit to publications
Sewed on Girl Scout Patches 19. Prepare for Campout
Okay that’s enough some of this is simple enough others will take a concious effort, but I’m ready for the challenge!