DIY Bleach AlternativeBleach is highly toxic and dangerous for kids, adults, and pets. But what other product gets those tough stains, softens clothes, and sanitizes as well as bleach? This DIY bleach alternative does just that, without any of the dangerous chemicals! Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups of 3% hydrogen peroxide
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. of citric acid (this is an optional ingredient. It naturally whitens clothes and helps to soften water. If you’ve got hard water, try it.)
- Slightly less than 1 gallon of distilled water
- 10-30 drops of lemon essential oil or another essential oil of your choice
- Pour all ingredients except water into a gallon jug. Swirl until citric acid is dissolved.
- Add distilled water to fill the jug.
- Use in place of bleach around the home and in the laundry room