I’ve grown accustomed as a single mom to being asked the questions, “Do you date?” Well, the answer is no I do not. But, it isn’t because I don’t believe in love. Quite the contrary! I absolutely believe in love and know that falling in love can happen on any given day. But, I also know that love comes in many forms and my greatest love is my daughter Anya. I always tell single moms that while they are waiting for the love of their life remember there is an abundance of love to experience in the meantime. What greater love is there than the love of your child? The time I spend with my daughter is precious and I try to find ways to create memories that will reside in our heart and mind.
Here are five ways how I spend the time with the love of my life:
- Traveling! We are road trip girls! Our best memories have been when we spontaneously hit the road with a couple bags, some snacks, and the radio blasting. Just recently we spent the week before Christmas in the Bahamas and had a wonderful and memorable time!
- Long Walks: Our best conversations happen when we’re taking long walks. In our busy world, our walks have become a way for us to unwind, talk about our day and get some fresh air together.
- Cooking: I’ve been cooking with Anya ever since she was a wee little one and it’s always a fun way to connect and do one thing we both love…eat!
- Throw a Party! We love a good party in this house. Planning, prepping and decorating is a fun way for us to share our creativity, have a lot of laughs and it allows me to better get to know my daughter’s friends.
- Good Old Cuddling! Nothing beats cuddling up with my kid. She’s 11 and growing like a weed so any cuddling I can get in I’m on it!
Okay, with all this being said, I’m still a sucker for unrequited love and I’m always up for a good romance! So, if you’re looking for a romantic story that warms your heart, don’t miss Forever My Girl released in theaters on January 19’th.
Forever My Girl tells the story of music super-star Liam Page (Alex Roe) who left his bride, Josie (Jessica Rothe), at the altar choosing fame and fortune instead. However, Liam never got over Josie, his one true love, nor did he ever forget his Southern roots in the small community where he was born and raised. When he unexpectedly returns to his hometown for the funeral of his high school best friend, Liam is suddenly faced with the consequences of all that he left behind. Forever My Girl is an uplifting romantic film about second chances.