It’s supposed to be a hot one in DC this weekend, so you may want to hit all the Free Museums in the area to stay cool. But, in case you want to venture outside in the sunshine check out these 10 Almost Free and Fun Things to do with the kids!
- Celebrate Frank Lloyd Wright’s 150th Birthday! The celebration is happening on Saturday, from 10am-3pm at Judiciary Square, National Building Museum, 401 F St., NW, D.C. The kids will get to learn about this architect giant and try their hand at building some paper masterpieces as well. It’s FREE.
- Free Family Workshop at Peirce Mill in Rock Creek Park: On Saturday, from 11am-2 pm at 2539 Tilden St., NW, Washington, D.C. Kids can grind corn & make their own minature mills.
- Capitol Hill Arts Workshop 45th Birthday: This is a FREE Celebration on Saturday from 9am-7pm at 727 8th St., SE , Washington, D.C., Take a fun walk in the morning, then enjoy performances, music & more.
- Imagine, Inspire, Ignite, and Engage: Family Day: FREE event for families on Saturday from 10am-2pm. Join Cultural Programs of the National Academy of Sciences (CPNAS) and the Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center (SEEC) for an afternoon of art exhibits exploring math, science and engineering.
- Books in Bloom: Enjoy a day of books with authors, a poetry wall, pop up bookstores and more on Sunday from 12pm-5pm at The Chrysalis in Merriweather Park at Symphony Woods
10475 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, MD.
- Taste of Jamaica: Enjoy the food, sounds, and rhythm of Jamaica in Silver Spring, MD at the Veterans Plaza on Saturday! All proceeds go to Jamaica education to the Poor Foundation.
- Rockville Community Day: Check out this FREE, fun activity festival for the whole family, featuring a truck touch, bounce house, obstacle course, healthy food samples, activity station on Sunday at 700 Fallsgrove Drive Rockville, MD 20850.
- 10th Annual City-Wide Truck Touch: FREE activities for kids & adults on Saturday from 9am-2pm at RFK Stadium Lot 7. A host of DC government agencies will present and demonstrate nearly 30 vehicles used in the city.The kids can climb aboard, honk the horns, and work the gears! Free boxed lunches will be provided to kids age 18 and under.
- Lake Anne Chalk on the Water Festival: A fun FREE 2 day festival on Saturday and Sunday from 11am -5pm at Reston, Lake Anne Plaza (Waterfront) , 1609 Washington Plaza, Reston, Va. Register and be entered to win prizes for your famille’s chalk drawing.
- West Columbia Pike Food Truck Party: Get some yummy food on Saturday from 11am-2pm. Give yourself a break from cooking, grab some food, listen to music and eat outside with the kids!
Enjoy your weekend and make some memories!