I’ve been trying to be more intentional about forming good habits that make our life a little easier. One of those habits that I’ve done in the past, but haven’t made a firm routine is making a meal plan for the week. I find that a meal plan helps my day to be a little more organized and relieves me from thinking about one more thing. This week and last I decided to create a meal plan and stick to it! Here’s a look at what we are eating for dinner this week:
- Monday: Baked Chicken, Mac and Cheese (requested by Anya), and fresh greenbeans
- Tuesday: Baked Ziti, salad, and garlic bread
- Wednesday: Anya has dinner with her dad, so I’m going to eat leftover ziti and a salad
- Thursday: Mexican lasagna (made in a slow cooker) , corn on the cob, and salad
- Friday: It’s a fun day! Naan Pizza and a salad
- Saturday: Turkey Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries, and Corn on the Cob
- Sunday: Dining out!
This has made my week so much easier so far! Our lunches and breakfast are pretty standard, but dinner tends to vary. I’m thinking about recording each week and eventually making a meal planning sort of binder so it becomes as easy as 1,2, 3!
Here are 3 Reasons Why I’m Encouraging You to Create a Meal Plan
- It Saves You Money! When I went to the grocery store with a meal plan in hand I knew exactly what I needed so there wasn’t a bunch of browsing and picking up a hodge podge of stuff that I didn’t need which is how you can easily overspend!
- Saves Time– When you know what you are going to eat you don’t spend time thinking about it. You can prep for dinner and use the extra time you have from being prepared to spend with your kids or to get other things marked off your to do list.
- Enables You to Plan Healthier Meals for Your Kids-When you plan your meals you’re not just grabbing the first thing you see or driving through a fast food drive in. Instead if you carve out about 15 minutes you can think about the best way to nourish your children. Also get them involved! This is a great way to teach you children about nutrition and healthy meals.
Now all you have to do is gather around the table and grub!