Do you have a vision for 2016? I do and I thought I’d share my Vision Board with you! In 2015 I read a book by Terri Savelle Foy that motivated me to get serious about my goals and my vision. So I decided to create a vision board! Interesting enough years ago I used to make collages from words in magazines so creating a vision board felt familiar to me as I scoured through magazines to find words and images that represented the vision I wanted to work towards in 2016. For me creating this vision board was a way to seriously think about my goals and what I’d like to manifest in my life and reflect about where I’ve been and where I want to go. It is super easy and I encourage you to do it as well!
Easy Steps to Create Your Own Vision Board!
1) Write Down 10 Goals for 2016. Terri Savelle Foy said, “Ask yourself what would make 2016 your best year ever?” That’s what I did and it was a great place to start when I was thinking about my goals for 2016!
2) Purchase poster board, a wooden board (like mine) or a cork board. I had bought my board awhile back on sale at Michaels and had no idea what I was going to use it for I just knew I liked it so it was perfect to use for the vision board!
3) Search for images or words that match your goals. I found my images in magazines but you can print out pictures or use anything else that represents your goals. For example, I used a card I made with a flower that literally had my name on it! It was a little sign to pursue my dreams of starting an inspirational card line.
4) Arrange them on your Vision Board.
5) Hang your vision board somewhere you can see it everyday
My 10 Goals for 2016 Include:
- Spend time with God everyday for at least 15-30 minutes
- Reach my goal weight of 120 pounds
- Lose 4-5 pounds every month by exercising 4-5 times a week
- Submit 1 article monthly to a magazine
- Publish 2 eBooks and gross $5,000
- Have my cards in 3 events and gross $1,000
- Have my cards in 1 retail store in 2016
- Cut debt by 50%
- Save $1000 by 12/31
- Blog daily (increase pageviews)and record 2 broadcasts a week
You’ll notice I have more images on my vision board than my 2016 goals, that’s because I’m thinking long term as well! One of my dreams is to have my books on a bookshelf in a store so I’ve represented that through words as well as a picture of books. You can put any image you want ! Just have fun!
Of course always pray over your goals and make an action plan so that you have a strategy to achieve your dreams.
Make 2016 a Great Year!