It is MLK weekend! If you live in the metro DC area you can have a ton of fun with the kids this weekend! Here are some events you may want to check out! Don’t forget to look for service projects you and the kids can do this weekend in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day! Or just do something nice for someone
- Meet the Giant Panda Cub Bei Bei at the National Zoo! You can see Bei Bei on Saturday, January 16th from 9:00 AM-4:00 PM. It’s FREE!
- Smithsonian American Art Museum hosts an Indie Arcade. On Saturday, January 16th from 1:00 PM-7:00 PM. The art museum will be transforming into a video game haven this weekend!
- It’s the first fee free day of the year for National Parks, on Monday, January 19th which means there’s no entrance fee where they usually charge to get in. Visit Shenandoah or Great Falls, take a ride on Skyline Drive, or visit Harpers Ferry.
- The National Gallery of Art will be playing the movie, “The Little Polar Bear,” on Saturday, 10:30 AM and Sunday & Monday, 11:30 AM and it is FREE!
- Visit the Spark!Lab Challenge Kick Off at the American History Museum on Sunday from 10:00 AM o 4:00 PM for FREE! Your kids will meet inventors and innovators!
- Martin Luther King Parade on Monday, January 18, 2016, 11 a.m. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave SE and Milwaukee Place SE, Washington DC.
- Friendship Skate at Cabin John in Wheaton, MD on Friday, January 15th from 4:45-6:15 PM. Celebrate National Skating Month! Skate 2-for-1 with a friend, just $7.00 for both of you (2 admissions and 2 skate rentals).