Mornings set the tone for the rest of the day, so why not make your mornings run as smoothly as possible? One way to do this is to put an evening routine in place that makes your mornings easier. Here are a few tips on for a night routine that can add a little sunshine to your mornings. Before my personal tips, think about the 3-5 things that you can do in the evening that would make your mornings easier and make it a habit to do them.
- Clean the Kitchen: If you clean your kitchen in the evening you wake up and have a clean slate. You aren’t staring at dirty dishes in the sink and you can move about easier and more efficiently.
- Put the Breakfast Dishes Out the Night Before: You can have the kids do this after dinner clean up and almost any age can is capable of this chore. It is simply one less thing to do in the morning.
- Prepare Lunches the Night Before: If you can do prep work for the week, do it! But, if not making lunches the night before will help tremendously.
- Lay the Clothes Out: How much easier is it when you aren’t digging through your closet at 7:50 AM trying to find something to wear! Make this a habit for yourself and your kids along with book bags at the door ready to go.
- Create Your Goal List for the Next Day: Get a plan in place so you have a vision for your day. Spend 10-15 minutes writing your to do list/goals for the next day so that you aren’t scattered, it will make a huge difference.
Form routines that will make your life easier, happier, and that set you up for success!