The end of the school year has arrived! Didn’t I just write a post on how to get prepared for the 1st day of school, sheesh! I’m ready for those lazy days of summer and I know my daughter is counting down the days. The last day of school signifies a sense of victory that should be acknowledged and celebrated! Hey, your kid got through another year and so did you mom! You made it through the field trips, report cards, the early morning hustle, and the million other little things that take place between those 8-9 months. So yes, the last day of school is reason for a celebration! Here are 10 fun ways you can celebrate the last day of school with your kiddos!
- Go Berry Picking! What better way to start the summer with berry picking at a local farm? Make a yummy dessert afterwards. We did this last year and it was fun and delicious!
- Plan a Picnic by a Lake: Gather up all your kid’s favorite foods, get a blanket and eat dinner by a lake, a park or even your backyard.
- Have a Party! Everyone loves a party! Keep it small and simple. Grill some food, play games and celebrate!
- Go Camping-Dust the tent off, pack light and surprise the kids on the last day by going camping for a night and have fun under the starts.
- Find a Fun Event to Attend– Look in your local listings and see if there is anything special happening like a concert or festival. This year I’m taking Anya to see Kidz Bop on the last day of school, it’s a surprise shhh 🙂
- Have a Hotel Sleepover– There’s no party like a hotel party especially under strict adult supervision LOL! Okay, so get a few parents that your close to and pitch in for an affordable room at a hotel with a pool and have a fun slumber party!
- Go the Drive In– A drive-in screams summer! This is one of my all time favorite things to do when the weather is warm and it’s great bonding time!
- Host a Game Night– Invite friends over and have each of them bring their favorite game. There’s nothing like a good old fashion board game to add some fun into the mix.
- Go to the Pool– Kids love the water and what a great way to start summer by lying by the pool and playing Marco Polo. Pools are cheap entertainment and they keep you cool!
- Let Your Kids Choose! It’s their day! Ask them what they want to do and try to make it happen. You’ll be surprised at what they come up with!
Remember to have a good time and to congratulate them on a job well done! Have some fun because you deserve it to Mom!