I get serious cravings for pot roast and I’m not even a big meat eater!But, every once in awhile it happens and when it does it really happens! Maybe it’s because my gram used to make pot roast and the aroma reminds me of being in her sweet home or maybe it’s because it is just so dang good! But, like I said I’m not a big meat eater, so I usually eat it when I go to my mom’s house. The one time I decided to cook it, well let’s just say the dog enjoyed it! I thought I’d give it a try in the crock pot. I looked at a few different recipes and just took ideas from each one and put together a recipe.
The result was I had the BEST POT ROAST DINNER EVER! So here’s how it all went down:
- Chuck Roast
- One whole onion
- 5 -6 Carrots
- Beef Broth
- Beef Stock
- Trader Joe’s 21 Salute Seasoning
- Olive oil
1) Cut up the onions and carrots and put them in the crock pot
2) Put a little olive oil in a pan, put a little salt and pepper on the chuck roast and sear it on both sides for a few minutes
3) Season the pot roast again with a more salt, pepper, and 21 Salute Seasoning .
4) Placed the pot roast on top of the onions and carrots
5) Poured in 1 cup of beef broth and 1 cup of beef stock over chuck roast into the crock pot
6) Cooked it on high for 4 hours and on low for 1 hour
It was so tender and delicious! The carrots and onion were perfect and the roast was perfect! I didn’t add potatoes like most people do, because I don’t like how they taste in the slow cooker, but I did throw some red potatoes in the oven that were a perfect compliment along with a spinach salad and some bread. It was the perfect Sunday dinner!