Hope everyone had a great Monday! As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I am going to try to post resources for those of you who are interested in finding telecommuting positions. It isn’t always easy to find these jobs, but it isn’t impossible either. The first resource I suggest you try is a place I actually worked that has a great career site for association jobs from all over the country. ASAE The Center for Association Leadership has a wealth of information just in general! There are tons of resources, courses, and information that you may find helpful for professional development and of course it s a great place to search for that at home position you want!
ASAE has a Career Headquarters known as CareerHQ.org this is where you’ll find the jobs. Anyone can go onto the site and search. If you are looking specifically for telecommuting positions follow these steps:
- Go to asaecenter.org
- Click on Career
- Then Click on Find a Job this will take you to the job bank
- At the top of the job bank you’ll see a space for keywords
- In keywords you’ll want to type in: Telecommuting, Remote, or Work at Home. I usually use telecommuting for a better response. For example I typed telecommuting today and got 20 jobs, I typed in remote and got 5 jobs. It really just depends on how the employer posts their ad.
- Once you click on the job you want you may need to set up an account with ASAE to apply or many of ads will have a direct email where you can send your resume and cover letter.
- Make sure you read the entire description and information about telecommuting, for example some positions only allow working from home 3x a week instead of every day, or telecommuting is an option after a certain period of time.
Click Telecommuting Positions to look at today’s opportunities!