I know the sermons have all come from Charles Stanley, but the wisdom that he gives us on reaching goals is so invaluable that I feel led to post them. This is a 2 part sermon on, “How to Reach Your Goals.” This sermon is based off of David and Goliath and the steps he took to reach his goal.
10 Steps to Reaching Goals:
1) Have a Clear Picture– If you’re goal is not clear than you won’t accomplish it.
2) A Consuming Desire to Accomplish Your Goal- Do you have a sense of urgency or passion to reach your goal? If you have no passion you are going to lay down your goal and walk away. Do you think about what your are going to do each day to meet that goal?
3) Confidence– You have to confidence that you can reach the goal you set out to accomplish. This confidence comes from God. David had confidence based on his relationship to God and his past experiences. If you do not have confidence that you can do it someone will quickly steal your goal. We can do everything that God calls us to do.
4) Have a Course of Action-You need clear steps of action to accomplish your goal. If you don’t a course of action nothing can get done.
5) Develop a Calendar of Events- Set a time limit. ‘One of these days, I’ll get to it,’ usually means you won’t ever get to it. Don’t be afraid to put dates down, if you miss the date that is okay. If you put a date down you are more likely to move. Put a date down by the goal and steps.
6) Cooperation-Most goals require cooperation from others. Find people around you who can help you accomplish your goals.
7) Consistency– Set your eye on the goal and have a determined fixed purpose, if not you will drift. If the goal is from God then you’re eye will be on him in conjunction with accomplishing your goal.
8) Controlling Our Emotions- Don’t let people with their pettiness tear you down. They want to bring you down in the mud. Don’t allow them to intimidate you because you are a child of the living God! You have no reason to be intimidated. People can steal your dreams through their negativity.
9) Courage to Act- Fear is a paralyzer. Courage is the willingness to take a step. One of the best ways to get it is to read the scriptures and pray for guidance.
10) Our Conscious Dependence on God- Only God knows what he will do in your life. Look to him when you are setting your goals and depend on him.
This sermon can be found by visiting:
2) Go to search for archives and go to page 13 or go to the month and year
3) Click on How to Reach Your Goals Part 1 October August 31, 2013 and Part 2 September7, 2013